Friday, April 1, 2011

I am done blogging.

I am going to quit blogging. I can't take it anymore! It's just not fun and I hate it! This will be my last post.. EVER. So goodbye to all my great followers. APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding, I'd never stop blogging, I love it so much and it's so fun! I have great followers and this is a great hobby. So yeah today is April 1st, or April Fools day. I got fooled a few times today, I should have seen it coming. I didn't actually pull any pranks today, I wish I would have. I wonder where this holiday came from.. it seems kind of pointless....*goes to google April fools day..*

"No One Knows... April Fools!


Many of the ancient cultures such as Romans, Hindus, and medieval Europeans used to celebrate New Year's Day near the vernal equinox that could range from March 20th to April 5th. In the Julian calendar, April 1st was New Year's Day and celebrated on this date until 1582. Pope Gregory XIII ordered the adoption of the new Gregorian Calendar, which specified January 1st as the New Year's Day. Due to resistance of people to change their traditions, many continued to celebrate New Year's Day on the 1st of April. Scottish only adopted the new calendar in 1660. Germans, Danish, Norwegians in 1700 and the English in 1752. Many resisted the change and were dubbed as fools with pranks being played on them. They were sent on 'fool's errands', sent fake invitations for parties and tricked into believing something false.

April Fool's Day was popularly celebrated in England and in the American colonies. It caught on quickly throughout the world to trick each other and have fun." That's what I found on a few websites, so I guess that's where it came from.

Mother nature played a sick and twisted fool on us here in my state today... IT HAS BEEN SNOWING OFF AND ON ALL DAY, SNOWING!!!! IN APRIL!!! Come on now really mother nature? It's not funny.


Hope you all pulled some great pranks and had a great day :)

PS- ITS FRIDAY FRIDAY GETTIN DOWN ON FRIDAY EVERY ONES LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WEEKEND, WE WE WE SO EXCITED. April fools, I hate that song.

1 comments:

Amaranthine said...

I have to admit I freaked! :P I love your blog. Happy April Fools day!