At the beginning of 2011, I made a goal that I wanted to read 40 books. That's a lot for me in one year.
As showed by this, you can see how that went-
I am surprised, really. I didn't even think I'd make it to 40. But, turns out, I beat that by 9 books! Later this year, I changed my goal to 45 books.Then, I beat that, and changed it to 48. As you can see, I beat that too.
49 books this year, wow. That's my personal best. Definitely.
It would have been 50 books.. but I don't think I'm going to finish The Scorpio Races by Saturday. I don't want to rush through it either, it's too good!
In 2011 I read 17, 176 pages total. That's insane. I'm pretty impressed with myself.
Out of those 49 books, 38 of them got 5/5 stars.
7 of them got 4/5 stars.
3 of them got 3/5 stars.
1 of them got 2/5 stars.
The longest book I read this year was Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead, and that was 594 pages. I finished that book in two days, that's how good it was.
My 2011 reads: (Bold=Favorite)
1. The Clique by Lisi Harrison
2. The Clique #2- Best Friends For Never
3. The Clique #3-Revenge of The Wannabe's
4. The Clique #4- Invasion of the Boy Snatchers
5. The Clique #5-The Pretty Committee Strikes Back
6. The Clique #6- Dial L for Loser
7. The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
8. Matched by Allie Condie
9. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
11. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
12. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
13. Before I fall by Lauren Oliver
14. The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June
15. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
16. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkes
17. Going Bovine by Libba Bray
18. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- Favorite book of the year!
19. If I Stay by Gayle Foreman
20. Room by Emma Donoghue.
21. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
22. Pretty Little Liars #9, Twisted by Sara Shepard
23. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
24. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Septys
25. Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
26. I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
27. The Lying Game #2- Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard
28. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
29. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
30. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
31. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
32. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
33. Vampire Academy #2- Frostbite
34. Blood Red Road by Moria Young
35. Vampire Academy #3- Shadow Kiss
36. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.
37. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
38. Vampire Academy #4- Blood Promise
39. Vampire Academy #5- Spirit Bound
40. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
41. Vampire Academy #6- Last Sacrifice
42. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
43. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
44. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
45. The Night Circus by Erin Mongerstern
46. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
47. Pretty Little Liars #10, Ruthless
48. Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
49. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
The ones that are bold and underlines are all-time, amazing, wonderful, favorites of mine that you should all read. Seriously.
These are my Top 5 of the year. I love these all dearly. If you haven't read these books yet, you need to immediately. They'll make your life 100% cooler. Guaranteed.
I'm so excited for next year to come because tons of new amazing books will be out for me to read!
I could name all the ones I'm excited about, but that would take forever.
Hope you all had an amazing book filled year! Have you read any of the books I've read? Is my Top 5 similar to yours? Have any suggestions for me? Just want to say something random? Leave a comment!
There will be more posts soon!