Thursday, November 24, 2011

Feliz Navidad!

IT'S.. IT'S.... IT'S... IT'S... CHRI-THANKSGIVING!

Those look so cute and delicious, yum! 

Yeah, I know what holiday it is.
Or.. do I...?
But the title caught your attention, right?! No.

Just kidding. In all seriousness, happy Thanksgiving to all my wonderful followers! I hope your day is blessed and it's quite wonderful.
I think people forget that today isn't just about food. I mean, the food is pretty great, right? I'm going to stuff myself with tons of turkey, gravy, corn, bread, green beans, sweet potatoes, etc.


Today is the only day where you can act like a total fat butt and no one judges you!
TIME TO GAIN TEN POUNDS MUWAHAHAHA.
Then work it off because I hate gaining weight...

But anyways, back to how it's not all about food. Today is about being thankful. I know I take things for granite and today is a day where I can reflect and see the things I really should be thanking God for every day.

1. I am thankful for my family. Yeah, they're pretty annoying and all we do is fight and yell and they're really strict BUT, I'm glad my family is still together unlike many other families today. I'm glad to have a Mom to cook me meals and wash my clothes and a dad to work and fix things and come home for dinner. My brother... eh. I'd be sad if he was gone but all we do is fight so..

My cousins Mary, Taylor, and Kelsey, and me.. upside down.. :)
2. I am thankful for my extended family, like my cousins most of all. My cousins on both sides of my family are like my  best friends, and I don't know what I'd do without them. We have so much fun together and I'd be a really bored girl without them.
Speaking of cousins, I'd really be thankful if you guys could go check out my cousin Mary's blog. She's picked up blogging again after a long break and pretty much all of her followers aren't active anymore. So if you could go check her out, I'd really, really appreciate it!


3. I am thankful for my health and safety. Yes, I complain so much, but I have it a lot better off than so many kids in the world. I'm not sick, I have a roof over my head, money in the bank and in my wallet, clothes on my back, a cell phone, computer and an iPod, and food on the table every night. A lot of kids don't always have those things, so I'm thankful that I do.

This literally took FOREVER, but it was totally worth it!
4. I am thankful for dance. As most of you know, I've been competitive dancing my whole life. It's my passion, and I don't know what I'd do without it. I'm thankful for it keeping me skinny and me having not to watch what I eat, I'm thankful for all the wonderful friends and good times I've made there, I'm thankful for being able to dance at all. I could be crippled or couldn't afford it, but I'm not. So I am overly thankful for that. I'm thankful for my teachers for teaching us such awesome dances. I'm thankful for all the time it takes up in my life. I'd be pretty bored and lost without it.




5. I am thankful for my electronics. Yeah, that kind of sounds dumb, but it's true. If I didn't have my computer... I'd be bored to tears. And most of all, I couldn't have this blog, write, go on any social networks, or anything! I'm thankful for my IPod because music is my savior, literally. Without music I would have gone crazy with the constant tinnitus (A constant, never ending ringing/ wooshing sound) in my ears. Music is always there for me when people aren't. All the apps on my Ipod are awesome too, and I become addicted to them quickly.  I'm thankful for my BlackBerry, which allows me to talk to people whenever I want. And for my camera, because without it I'd never be able to capture any wonderful memories. TV's are awesome, too.


6. I'm thankful for books. Without reading, I would just be so lost. Books take me to wonderful places and rouse my imagination so much. They are there for me whenever I need them, unlike people. Without reading, I never would have grown my love for writing and would never have gotten the dream to be an author in the first place. So thank you for books!


7. Finally, I am thankful for all of you guys! Without my 118 amazing followers, this blog would have gone down the drain a long time ago. I would have never had the inspiration to keep blogging if you guys wouldn't have commented, followed, and been so supportive, so thank you guys so much! I'm just thankful for my blog most of all, because without it I wouldn't have gotten to meet any of you guys or read your awesome blogs. I'm in love with my blog, and without it I'd go crazy. I need somewhere to spill out my feelings like I'm doing now! And the fact that you guys actually read my posts and actually LIKE them, it's overwhelming and means the world to me, so thank you all so much.

So, what are you guys thankful for? What are your plans for today? Are you going Black Friday shopping? I hope I am! Let me know in the comments!

I am also thankful for NigaHiga videos! Watch this one, it's hilarious!



"You know, isn't it funny, this one meal could feed a whole village in China!" 
post signature

6 comments:

Savannah Jean said...

We made those little turkey cookies! :)

liz said...

Thank you very much for your lovely comment! It made me utterly happy to have a new follower! Wonderful blog you have here! :))

Devin said...

Great post, Paige! As usual. I'm thankful for you! It's nice to know that somewhere in this crazy, hectic, beautiful world someone understands exactly how I feel about almost everything. By the way, I was looking at the music on the bottom of your blog, and I noticed yet another similarity in our lives. I LOVELOVELOVELOVE like all the music you have on here! I'm always telling my friends about how much I love A Fine Frenzy or Sara Bareilles for example and they're like um who? I also LOVE Christina Perri, Taylor Swift, Regina Spektor, John Mayer AND Coldplay! Like you always say, I swear our lives are in sync.
Again, fabulous post! Love you! :)

Unknown said...

great post! Happy Thanksgiving! and being thankful for electronics is not stupid, btw ;)

Endor said...

Best. Title. EVER.

Hehe, my mom hates that song.

Love your thankful list!

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I love it. There's so much to be thankful for, and I agree with all of the ones on your list. Well, not exactly dance, since I don't take dance classes...but I guess I'm thankful for dancing anyway, since it's just fun to dance around like a dork. ;)

And that video? Hilarious! I LOVE NigaHiga videos!!! xD

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Paige! <3