Sunday, September 1, 2013

So uh, I'm in college...


That's my dorm room and I'm IN LOVE WITH IT!
I seriously love being in here. I love that I got to design this little space of mine and I just love it. AH. It's all I dreamed it would be.
The room is actually a lot bigger than I expected, also! I was so happy to walk in here and not feel crowded! The closet is PERFECT. I love my clothes and I brought a ton of them... and I was worried I wasn't going to have room, but it wasn't a problem at all!
I actually have more room in there than I need!
My Resident Assistant is so nice. I know if I ever need anything, I'm set.
I seriously haven't met one mean staff member since I've been here. Everyone is so welcoming and helpful.

I've been here since August 19th, so that's 13 days now. I am in love with this campus. It's so beautiful and it just has everything I could ever want it to have.

I'm genuinely happy here.
I finally found the happiness I've been looking for for years.
I've made some awesome friends already, and three of my best friends are here with me. It's a blast.
I love all of my classes. Except for Spanish 3, that is. My math class is so easy that I sit in the back of the room and laugh.
Seriously.
My Creative Writing class is everything I imagined it to be. It's perfect. I actually just wrote my first short story, and I'm going to post it on here.
I'm already involved with the student newspaper. It's a pretty serious deal. I was told I could get sued if I write something I shouldn't.
I wrote two articles for the first issue that was published on the 27th of August. One of my articles was the leading front page story! I was in shock!
The staff loved my writing, thank God. They said, direct quote, "We gotta keep this Paige girl around."
I almost died of happiness.
I may become an editor soon.
I'm trying out for the dance team.
I made the choir.
It's all going good. Really good. I don't miss home one bit.
My best friend and some of my family, maybe, but that's it.

I'll post more on the change you have to put yourself through later. It's lengthy.
But, I love college. It's all I ever wanted it to be and more.

Hope you all are doing well and best of luck with your first few weeks of school!

post signature

0 comments: