Friday, April 13, 2012

A Reader's Ramble- Looking For Alaska

This is late.. but here is a Reader's Ramble about Looking For Alaska by the amazing John Green.


Miles Halter is fascinated by famous last words and tired of his safe life at home. He leaves for boarding school to seek what the dying poet Francois Rabelais called the "Great Perhaps." Much awaits Miles at Culver Creek, including Alaska Young. Clever, funny, screwed-up, and dead sexy, Alaska will pull Miles into her labyrinth and catapult him into the Great Perhaps.
Another masterpiece by the amazing god of writing.
Why did I wait so long to read this?
Going into this book.. I was a little unsure on whether I would like it or not. I was hoping since it was by John Green it would just be amazing.
I was not let down.
The writing in this book was just beautiful. It flowed and was great to read. The whole concept of this story was amazing. I didn't expect to like Miles, "Pudge," hardly at all, but now I'm pretty much in love with him.
His fascination with famous last words was so intriguing. And the whole "Great Perhaps," Idea was really cool and interesting. It confused me for a while but I think I finally understand.
I was never really bored while reading this book. Green gets right to the action and leaves you hungry for more.
Alaska... wow.. she's such a well developed and outstanding character. She had so much depth, and I really love a character like that. Her past made her who she was in the present. She was a really well rounded character and I just loved her. At first I did not, but I warmed up very quickly.
JOHN GREEN, YOU ARE SUCH A CRUEL MAN.
To those of you who read this book, you know why I say that.
WHY DID YOU DO THAT JOHN GREEN? You broke our hearts </3
Looking For Alaska really grabs you emotionally. I had to go back and read a certain part a few times.. because I was in complete shock.
The overall message in this book was simply beautiful. Everything about this was beautiful.
I loved it and I recommend it to all of you. Go do yourself a favor and read this book.


post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

www.wearehip.blogspot.com pozdrawiam ;)

catriona said...

Looking For Alaska is one of my favourite books, and John Green is by far my favourite author. XD I cried so much during that book, all three times I've read it :')

Anonymous said...

Ooh, now I'm super excited!! After reading Paper Towns, I decided I HAD to read the rest of John Green's books. I've got both Will Grayson, Will Grayson and Looking For Alaska coming through interlibrary loan - and after your recommendation, I can't wait to read this one!

So glad you enjoyed it, Paige - thanks for the ramble!