Friday, December 17, 2010

Cover for my new untitled and unplanned book.

So the other day in class I got a brain blast of an idea for a story. I know, I said brain blast, don't judge me.


This book still has so much planning needed, but I felt like sharing the cover I want to use.





I don't know exactly what I want to happen in this book yet, or what the character's names will be, etc. Still much thinking needed. It will be somewhat about dancing. The main character is going to be a dancer. But dance isn't the main focus of the story.


I'll post the pitch and the title soon... (If I think of it...)

Anyone have any strategies of thinking of good titles and planning out books?

LEAVE COMMENTS PLEASE!!


I want to try and finish The Bucket List ASAP. The novel is kinda at a stand still right now. I don't know what to make happen next. If you read The Bucket List on inkpop.. do you have any ideas for me?


That's why I need to plan out this new novel, so I know exactly what to write and I don't come to these awful stand stills/ writers block.


Well, I felt like sharing, so there.


4 comments:

Brooke said...

titles are either good if their either really obvious or if you dont kno y its called that until the end of the story. just start writing and you will eventually come up with a name. I love the cover and even the story sounds good now! for names, i actually look on babynames.com(: ugghhh i hate writers block....every writer goes through it, so ur not alone(:
LOOONNNGGGG comment:p

Amaranthine said...

Don't waste time thinking of a title when you haven't written it! I'm sure your book will be great. Tips on writers block-Go outside. Take a walk, Go to the library. Live. Then write about it. If say, you want a scene where your character is embarrassed, then think of a embarrassing moment in your life and see if you can fit to it.

On planning books. Think backwards. What do you want to happen to the character? What does the character(and reader!) learn? What is the defining moment for your character? What's "the final straw" that makes your character learn the lesson?

What's the climax? Remember to build your story toward it.
Hope this helps,
Amaranthine

Melanie♥♥♥ said...

Let it come to you! The pic is cool but you have to think about the story itself first. Hope this helped! Can't wait to see what you get!I mean write!

Paige Woiner said...

thanks so much guys!! :D I have awesome followers :')